Our Primary Class is an enriched curriculum for children ages 2 ½ – 6 years old. The Montessori Method encourages the child to move from the concrete to the abstract with ease.
Some of the activities the children enjoy throughout the school year include field trips, community outings, special guests, gym classes, skating, music/dramatic plays and two stage performances are some of the activities we enjoy throughout the school year.
7:30 – 8:45
8:45 – 11:00
Individual and group Montessori lessons and presentations
Snack table open
Art area and easel open
Group Circle (themes, discussions, stories and songs)
Outside Time (weather permitting) either in the school yard or a
Walk in the neighbourhood
Gym Time (if we do not go outside)
12:20 – 1:10
1:15 – 2:30
2:30 – 3:00
3:00 – 3:15
End of the day Circle and prepare to go home
3:20 – 4:00
Outside Time (weather permitting)
Gym time (if we do not go outside)
4:00 – 4:20
Snack Time for children who stay for Extended Care
After School Program (Extended Care)
* Once a month we have a 1 hour Music Class.
* The children go on field trips once a month.
* Special guests come into the class (theme related)
* Centrepointe Librarian comes into the class once a month for an hour for reading and
* Two stage performances per year.
* Basic French Vocabulary (songs stories, poems, books and vocabulary cards)